Significance: This is really two very early houses put together. The oldest part is from the late 1600s and the other part is a little later. They were joined ca. 1805 by housewright John Knight. It is possible that the oldest part was a first parsonage since John Tarring lived in the parsonage in 1685 and he conveyed his dwelling to John Knight. The Knights lived in this house for over a century. The old kitchen has a big cooking fireplace and built-in bread oven, as well as architectural features such as wide floor boards, fireplaces, paneling and a fine staircase. Below the house runs the Saw Mill Brook, names after one of the earliest saw mills in the village located near this house. Designations: National Historic District (1990).