Cogswell’s Grant was the summer home of Bertram K. and Nina Flatter Little, preeminent collectors of American decorative arts in the mid 20th century. In 1937, the Littles purchased this 165-acre property overlooking the Essex River and carefully restored the 1728 farmhouse as a family retreat and place to entertain. The colonial-era farmhouse serves as a rich backdrop for their celebrated collection, assembled over a period of nearly sixty years. Though known for their meticulous research, the Littles decorated with an eye for visual delight rather than historic accuracy, and the result is a house rich in atmosphere and crowded with works of strong, even quirky character. With everything still arranged just as the family lived with it and shared it with their friends and fellow collectors – Cogswell’s Grant is a mecca for lovers of American folk art.