John Cabot House – Beverly Visitor Center

Located at the southern entrance to the Beverly Arts District, the 1781 John Cabot House is a museum of Beverly history and the headquarters of Historic Beverly.  It was home to merchant ship-owner John Cabot from 1781 to 1802 and served as the first location for the Beverly Bank. The Cabot House museum features changing exhibits and a research library with 18th and 19th century manuscripts and genealogical materials, a nationally-known transportation collection, and thousands of images of Beverly throughout its history.

Address

117 Cabot Street , Beverly MA 1915

Driving Directions

Notes & Advisories

The John Cabot House is officially designated an Essex National Heritage Area Visitor Center. As such, in addition to giving information about the history of Beverly, it also provides general information about the Essex National Heritage Area.

Categories

  • Cultural Resources
  • Historic Resources
  • Museums
  • Shops
  • Visitor Information

Accessibility

  • Appropriate for all ages
  • Parking Available
  • Restrooms Available
  • Self-Guided