The 1677 Platts-Bradstreet House is maintained, operated and home to the Rowley Historical Society. Built in 1677, it was originally a two story rectangular house with four rooms and an attic. The house was later added on to in 1770. One of six known 17th century houses in Rowley, it features historic oaken beams and posts and large fireplaces. The society has also reconstructed a 1775 post and beam barn on the property bought from Derry, New Hampshire. Tours are given and other functions held. During the holiday season luncheon and tea is served in the beautifully decorated rooms. Many other activities take place throughout the year.